Friday, December 4, 2009

Cold & Frosty winters on !


December 4th there is sometime special about this day but for the life of me it's slipped my mind ... spent the morning checking my stores here in town too frosty to go on the interstate today is home town checks, for stock everyone I work with is so nice its fun to chat with grocers that talk of what is new coming into the stores I never realized how many products don't make it to the shelf & of course how many different variety's of one product there are not like in the pre 1970's where you would choose from ... take for example 3 different mayonnaise brands before 1970 , Hellmanns or west of the rockies Best Foods , Kraft & the stores brand ... I learned that from a dapper gentleman with a green bow tie on who has been a grocer-man all his life he told me he started as a box boy that was back in the days when they used the empty boxes to pack your groceries in which I think they should get back to doing saving money & then the boxes can be recycled ... everybody has gotten too fancy toting around cloth bags advertising where they shop ... anyway it was interesting to walk the aisle's with such a knowledgeable person ... so that was how my morning started & I also get my own grocery shopping done tonight it's scampi I found a great deal on hugh shrimp & I'm going to clean them ... then ... pat them dry ... then put'em in a bowl squeeze a whole lemon over them & let it soak for about 20 minutes then I'll toss them in a hot pan with a few tbsp.s of olive oil & a 2 big tbsp.s of butter throw in 4 chopped cloves of garlic & a 1/4 cup of fresh chives a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes & finish with a good splash 1/4 cup of white vermouth .... then spoon around a molded cup of rice .... let the weekend begin *-)

No comments:

Post a Comment




"Three grand essentials
to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love,
and something to
hope for."

~ Joseph Addison