Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Salad dressing & Pantry Goods




Well you'll all be happy to know Miss Maryann's is moving along she's broke out of Salem & is in Lake Oswego " Wizers" & West lynn "Market of Choice" & Eugene "Market of Choice " 4 stores in that fine city also known as Duck city & she's crossed state lines a case to Wichita Kansas dear to my heart ( more about that later ) not in a store there yet but pending woo hoo ... just alittle up date *-)
I should be writing about decorating "which I've started" for the holidays but I have to talk alittle about food & my pantry ... heres just alittle view of some of my goods I grew & tended in my summer garden then canned some say canning is a lost art not around my world it wouldn't be summer if I didn't baby my vegetable garden with thoughts of filling my jars there have been days when just heating up a jar of tomato puree & adding alittle rice or bits of chopped celery & onion just hits the spot for a hot cup of go juice ;) to get those afternoon chores done ... add a small salad & it'll keep you till dinner. And don't the jars look pretty here I have thick slices of green tomatoes I've pickled mmm ! they really have a snap when you bite into them & they are delicious as a salad topper, sandwich builder, snack or with any kind of roasted meat like the turkey we had for thanksgiving when I do my pickling late in the summer I go by the old rule that they'll be ready for the taste buds around thanksgiving ... Then we have the pickled peppers & cucumbers almost too pretty to open & eat but boy' do they beat out the grocery store ones. I also do a killer Bloody Mary mix really spicy delicious with the ring of salt it's one of my favorite cocktails & I always feel like its on the healthy side you know made with tomatoes ''' They contain lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants ''' so see Bloody Mary's are actually very good for you ;) I think I'll go make one now & write more later .... ttfn !

No comments:

Post a Comment




"Three grand essentials
to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love,
and something to
hope for."

~ Joseph Addison