Friday, February 26, 2010

Febrrruary Marching out ;)


With february coming to a close this year is Marching on ;) ahhh ' but March is a wonderful month one of my favorites & you say why ... flowers start breaking through the cold damp dirt to show their pretty colors its like magic coming back year after year buds start forming on naked branches old friends coming back to greet us ... I tilled my garden last weekend on the one sunny day we had & she is ready to get down to business I've flowering sweet peas soaking in a pie plate on my kitchen counter between paper towels giving them alittle boost before being carefully planted around the pyramid tower their fragrance is one of my favorites when I was little many nights I went to sleep with a small bouquet on my night stand filling the darkness with the sweet smell of spring I still do that I couldn't imagine my garden without them as they carry on like troopers through the hottest heat of summer into the late fall when frost starts to grace the fence posts giving bloom after bloom ... love em ;) it always gets me planning !!! I've marked my garden books & have been ordering seeds ( they say there might be a shortage this year O' my ... lucky I'm a early bird ) & in-between rain showers this week I've been pruning my grapes in my small vineyard I've too much to do but I do have a handy man around here who's always ready to help. Oh' & I must mention that on monday I was at our great natural food store " Life Source " where they had Miss Maryann's sweet & sour on a sampling tray in the produce section they call it passive sampling she wasn't alone she had dressing they make at the deli there next to her " giving her alittle competition but she could take it cause one taste of her leads to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment




"Three grand essentials
to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love,
and something to
hope for."

~ Joseph Addison