Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunshine & Dressing


Well ''' Here we are on a fine day a little blue sky & SUNSHINE it feels a lot like spring ;) & it's only february. I've been working this past week very hard on the next new salad dressing from Merrywoods & I've got it yea ! ... it was retro fitted from a recipe my Grandmother made so I can't take all the credit ;) from the Salem Senator Hotel restaurant as she was the salad Chef in the 1950's there .... it's been tried out on my four chosen taste testers & it's a big YES''' they loved it on shrimp & crab & spinach & just chopped up romaine Oh' & with grated hard boiled eggs on top it was like heaven in your mouth we roasted some almonds & walnuts together & had a salad with those tossed on , there wasn't one salad that we came up with that it didn't taste fabulous on. they said things like it's light & lemony & not too sweet " we don't want to infringe on miss sweet & sour " & they wanted to take home the recipe as they couldn't wait for it to be on store shelves well''' what's the old saying waiting makes the taste bud's sharper or was it waiting makes it taste all the better when you do taste it again ''' something like that ;) & heck' if I gave out the recipe why bottle it good thinking eh'. It won't be too long it was just deciding on the 2 , I had picked out & speaking of sunshine this one looks like sunshine in a bottle maybe that would be a good name for it that is what the next step is naming it ... It can keep a girl up at night with all the names rolling across the mind. But today I'm taking my mind off it to enjoy blue sky & sunshine. Just thought I'd let the word out it won't be too long till you can all taste it :)

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait to try it, so I made my own with some of the stuff in the picture. But it is just... okay. I don't have any Dijon mustard, so maybe thats the problem. It tastes too heavy with olive oil. What are the green and yellow spices? You'll never tell!
    You should call it "Miss Maryann's Lemon Twist"
    Or how about Lemon Mist, or Celestial Citron, or Lovely Lemon, or Lemon Tart, or Leaded Lemon! LOL I can't stop! What have you done?
    I've seen a couple of recipes on the net simply called Lemon and Olive Oil dressing. Having the words Olive Oil on the front of the label might attract people who eat healthy. There is olive oil in it right?
    Anyway-have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being sneaky are you ;) those are magic spices ... I kind of like lemon twist keep thinking maybe I should turn it into a contest ?

    ReplyDelete




"Three grand essentials
to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love,
and something to
hope for."

~ Joseph Addison